12/22/09

Untitled(s)

1.
Falling back
To hit the bed
But it never connects

Floating.
Weightless.
The black ink runs
Bleeding through lines.

Not a sight to be seen
Not a sound to be heard

Blazing flames
Leap to lick my palms
I wish I could grimace
But my limbs
Encased in ice
Refuse to melt

I want to scream
Just to be sure
But the ink thickens
I'm inhaling a vanilla milkshake
It's taking over my lungs
Stealing away
Until my
Last
Breath

Dropping with a
Thump
Needles poke and prod
The pain sends panic
Thoughts are sprinting
If only I could see
What this ebony sheet doesn't
Permit

Limbs made of concrete
Refuse to move
Muscles of rubber
Too weak
Nerves too perceiving
Of pain

Hostile hands
Push me back
Holding me prisoner
In this silent abyss

Why me? I want to yell
All I wanted was to sleep!
I strain to even whimper

2.
Dark
Empty
Void
With no glimmer of light
No chance of seeing
Never able to feel
Discovery happens by chance
Stumbling around
Never sure if the end
Is ever close
Afraid
Of what might be
Found

3.
Tick. Tock. Tick.
Counting the time
Stuck in these four falls
Tick. Tock. Tick.
Deafening silence
Not so golden
More like a lead
Weight
Tick. Tock. Tick.
Defeated by the clock

4.
I feel my heels burning
Running from all the memories
That we created
All those years of yearning
Have just deflated

Passing through cities
Just to get away
Begin haunted by all the pretties

Without turning
For a second look
Memories of you
Only gone halfway

All I pursue
Is hated
By all I took
Without discerning

5.
Greedy hands
Clamor for more
Their sticky sweet touch
Sickens me

No comments: