12/27/09

Do you remember
The first time our eyes locked?
I do.
An electric spark
Shocked my heart
Into love.

Your face smiled
I quickly looked away
Too embarrassed to be
Found out.
Roses quickly appeared
On my cheeks.

A butterfly gently landed
Reassuring me,
It was ok.
I couldn't help
But to caress the beauty.

Do you remember
The first time we kissed?
I do.
Magnetic pulses
Pulled us closer.

Your crystal ocean eyes
Begged and pleaded
For the moment to last
Forever.
I wish it could.

Apple lips
So intoxicating.
Giving me a high,
Better than heroine.

Do you remember
The first time I comforted you?
I do.
Tense times
Drove us closer.

Tears came gushing
Worse than waterfalls.
Not even I
Could put you back together.

The puzzle of your heart
Was left unfinished.
Forever missing
One piece.

I could handle no more.
With footsteps in the sand
And flowers at the altar,
I say goodbye.

My loving heart,
Dormant once more.
Cold as stone,
Waiting.

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

That is beautiful.