12/21/09

Poetry!

Alright, so I decided that I needed a place to dump my poetry. I'll be posting a few here and there for the next.... while. Completed, uncompleted, dark, funny, 'wtf' and the such.

Completed;
Essence

The essence of life
All it contains
Is a pinch of strife
And great monsoon rains

Using clear blue skies
For kite flying
Having bittersweet goodbyes
Without really trying

Adrenaline rushes
With butterfly nerves
Big rosy blushes
And strawberry preserves

Late night revelations
Early morning cartoons
Holding onto expectations
In verbal typhoons

All crammed into
One little vile
That we pursue
All the while


Hope

Stuck
In a dark room
With no light
Ever seeping through

It's eternally midnight
The stars are too shy
The moon too angry
To show

Velvet curtains
Too heavy to move
Block my way

I try and try
With all my might
To remember the flame

The flame that you gave me
The night before
The darkness

I feel the heat
Climbing
Touching the tips
Of my fingers

I feel a movement
Muscles stretching
Inactive until now
A smile.

Maybe there is
Hope


Memories

Wiping the blood
From my face
Holding my aching head
Fighting back
The impending doom

Lying back
Avoiding the inky tunnel
That takes away
Feeling

Cringing at every move
Tears making trails
Down my cheeks

Wheeled in
Pins and needles
Doom raining down

Tears making rivers
Guilt washing up
Fear bubbling over

The nap I wanted
Finally comes
Everything changed

Doom is no longer
On the horizon
Relief washes over

The ordeal
Has just begun.

Moving On

This prison holds me
Never wishing
To let me go
For, my release
Means letting go

Letting go
Moving on
Forgetting all of this
Even happened

It's time let go
Of the final piece
The one that you gave
To complete the puzzle

Letting go
Truly means
Moving on

The days I spent
Before you
Are long gone
The days after
That fateful one
Are marked
And I'm running out of
Room

I'm stuck
In this drying cement
With nowhere to go
I'd rather stay here
And admire the view

Even the dark clouds
Can't muddy the scene
The beautiful memories
Will stay that way

I'm surrounded by the lies
I've been told
The piece you gave slips
The scene is dying

One last time I give it a
Chance
But, I have to let go
I have to move on

Letting go
Truly means
Moving on

No comments: