9/3/09

A/N: Yeah... so there's this thing called a life. I magically got one, so I wasn't able to write for a long time. Here's a little bit more, it's not much but it'll do, I guess.

Aya woke up and shuffled into her kitchen in a half-zombie state. As she prepared her breakfast, a simple bowl of cereal, a post-it note dropped off the fridge. "I must say, you are a gullible little lass. But very peaceful looking when you sleep. Don't get too caught up in the other affairs of your life. That man you were with last night..." Aya bit her lip and tore up the note. She finished making her breakfast, and tried not to think about the guy who was haunting her. She did fairly well, until she was washing out her bowl.

"I think now is a good time." A voice said behind her. Aya jumped and set the bowl and spoon clattering in the sink.

"Would it kill you to at least give me a little warning? If you keeping popping in on me like this, I'll have a heart attack eventually!"

"Only the first time would give you a heart attack, and, as far as I'm concerned, you did not. You'll get used to it eventually. It's not that big of a deal." He replied coolly.

Aya turned and glared, "Whatever. What do you want? I can't waste time dealing with your attitude.

"Go, put on something..." He paused to look at what Aya was wearing, "Sensible." He added with a tone of disgust. "You need to see something."

Aya gave an ice-cold glare and went off to do as he said. All the time wondering what she was going to be doing. A knot of nerves began to form. She really didn't trust him, not yet.

"Alright, where do you want to take me? What am I supposed to see?" She asked after she got ready.

"Oh, you'll see. Just follow me." He replied and started out the door.

With a slight sigh, Aya complied. She closed the door behind her and followed this strange man. She kept her eyes on the ghostly man in front of her, following in a trance. There was only a slight recognition of the path, even though it was used nearly everyday. Out of nowhere, she felt hands grab her shoulders. Frightened, Ay froze. She could practically feel the hands go through her. They felt frantic, touching everything. They were searching for something, she could tell. The hands grasped onto her throat. With satisfaction, they squeezed.

Aya let out a gasp as her own hands flew to clutch her throat. She scanned the crowd, trying to find someone who would help. Her "friend" was starting to get smaller. "Help" she cried weakly. Giving up, Aya closed her eyes.

It seemed like an eternity before she felt the hands loosen. Before she could even register her new found ability to breathe, another hand roughly grabbed her wrist and pulled her. Aya fluttered open her eyes. "Explain what the heck that was. What happened?" Aya demanded.

Cold blue eyes stared back at her. "You should be grateful. You would have died and no one would have noticed. They would never be able to find your body. It would be like you just disappeared. Now, we wouldn't want that, right?" He added the lst part sweetly, contrasting his bitter tone.

10 comments:

Aly K. said...

The part where the mysterious guy was leading Aya through the hall reminded me of the '04 (or '05? don't remember) movie of "Phantom of the Opera", where he's singing the song and leading her into his little hideout place... ^^' Heh. GAH. I feel a little cliffhanged here. I really like your writing and the content of your chapters. Certainly makes me want to read more. XD Can't wait for the next part! ^^' Great job, Lizzie. :)

katara5 said...

Haha. I had to say this- I think I've found another thing that I deny, always. And that's how "good" this story is. My friends always say its good, but I disagree. Oh well. XD

It's stealing your soul! Haha, I dunoo... randomness

Aly K. said...

XD It's not stealing my soul. xD And also, have a little more confidence in your writing. I think it's good, lots of your friends think your writing is good, and you may write for yourself, but most authors try to write for their audience too. And if you're not, you've got my undivided attention when I'm reading your stories. Just thought I'd let you know. I think you've got a lot of talent, a lot of skill, in your writing.

katara5 said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. *Wipes away tear* Thanks. :)

I've been hearing that phrase often these past few days... "Be confident in your abilities" ^^'

But I have to say, I'm totally not writing for my audience. XD So, the fact that you (and who ever else is being a consistent reader) actually keeps reading is very amazing.... and the fact that I'm still writing, too :P

Aly K. said...

It's okay not to write for you audience. It's easier to write when you're not thinking about who's going to read it/like it/critique it and how hard they will.

You're welcome. :) <3 LYLAS! I'm glad to be a consistent reader and definitely sucked into this story. xD :)

katara5 said...

Haha, I'm unlike Stephanie Meyer in that way. :P She totally tried to please her audience in the last books...

Awesome :)
LYLAS too

Aly K. said...

Well, you see, she started out only writing for herself. And then she went "Well, I think I should share this" and didn't expect much of it. Then all of a sudden, she's a best-selling author. And then she has a fandom that grows and grows and grows... and... actually, she really wasn't trying to please them. The draft that Breaking Dawn was based on was written in 2003. Wow. I know too much. T.T But yeah, she goes "I'll write this, publish this, and hope people like it." And lots of people were displeased with Breaking Dawn. Yet a lot of people really liked Eclipse, I think... yeah, [/ends Stephenie Meyer rant here]

Anyway, audience-pleasing isn't inherently a bad thing, but the point is to keep it far enough in the back of your head that you aren't limited in what you want to say in your story.

katara5 said...

Haha, yeah, you just expanded on my point. :P so, really, I have nothing left to say. XP

Aly K. said...

Yeah... I kind of did. ^^" I was confused on where I was going with it at first (did she write to please, or for herself?) so I decided to go with the latter. But I think she probably added a few things to please, maybe. She wrote what she liked, expecting others to like it. Eh. I just don't want to be too famous if I ever publish a book, which I desperately hope to do someday... but which also involves patience and actually FINISHING a book... so yeah. D: Anyways, yeah. Keep writing, Lizzie. You're a great writer. <3 LYLAS! *huggle* God bless! :)

katara5 said...

Haha, I know, actually finishing a book is the first hurdle. But then you know, I'd probably be like, "Yeah, that's the only book I bothered to finish. Have fun 'cause that's all you get" :P j/k I wouldn't even make it to that part.

You keep writing, too!