12/28/08

A/N: written over the summer... didn't finish until recently. Written in first person because it's so much easier.... never gone through anything like this.





Soft classical music filled my ears. Flowing slowly and smoothly like honey. Each note tied together and danced. And danced. Together, they swept me off my feet. It was like floating. Floating among the clouds, a fleeting feeling. Feeling free.
Freedom. The word escaped from my lips in a soft whisper. Like a puff of smoke. Here. Then gone.
The sun. Beating down. Filling the room with warmth. Gentle and soft. Filling me with motivation. Happiness.
Sharp, staccato steps warned me that I wasn't alone. I squeezed my eyes closed. I didn't want this dream to end. My heart pounded in my chest as possibilities flashed in my mind.
The music stopped abruptly.
I sank back down to my real height. The magic was gone and I had to face the real world. I had barely opened my eyes when I realized...
Standing only inches away, beautiful brown eyes intensly stared into mine. It hurt to hold the gaze. My eyes began to tear...
I held back a sob. Nothing could ever explain the dread I felt. It hurt so much to know, to finally know.
Sometimes, you don't want your wishes to come true. Sometimes they have to. For better or worse.... some wishes are granted. Even if you don't mean them.
A salty tear flowed down my cheek.
His gentle fingers brushed it away. Softly.... I collapsed in his arms. Unwilling to face the real world. The world that had just changed. Drastically.
The tears flowed freely now. Unable to supress them, I let them go.
It felt like they'd never stop. In a way... I don't think I wanted them to. If it meant comfort. If it meant that I was safe. It it meant that I wasn't alone... I would never want them to stop.
Some things never change.

No comments: