4/24/10

A/N: Gah. I've been having horrendous writer's block. I've been meaning to write more to this, but nothing has been coming. I promise I'll develop the plot further. Sometime...

The next day the doctor came into Aya's room, carrying a clipboard. "All your tests came back negative. You seem to have no abnormalities, and everything is firing on all cylinders. I have scheduled for you to see a psychiatrist. In the meanwhile, we are releasing you. You are free to call someone to pick you up."

Aya didn't look up once. She sat up, staring at her hands the whole time. She knew nothing was wrong with her and the news didn't bring any surprise. Once the doctor left she picked up the phone at her bedside. She bit her lip and tried to decide who to call. She could call any of her co workers, and they'd be there in a snap. She sighed. Finally she dialed. "Hey, uh, Damon. I'm in the hospital right now."

"What?!?! What happened?"

"Calm down. I'm being signed out today. I just need someone to come pick me up. I was just wondering if you could come pick me up." Aya explained, keeping her voice even.

"Yeah, I'll be over there in a little bit. Hang tight and explain to me why you were in the hospital, alright?"

Aya nodded, then realized that he couldn't see her. "Yeah. Promise." She sighed. "I hope I'm not making you miss work."

"I'll see you in a bit." He replied, ignoring Aya's statement.

The bland sound of the dial tone invaded Aya's ears. She sighed and hung up.
------
"Alright, so, really. What happened? You seem ok. No bruises or cuts. No casts... and nothing seems swollen." Damon said, sitting in front of the wheel, getting ready to start the car.

Aya closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. "You remember when you came over to my house and saw those figurines, right? Well.... when I got those figurines, I also got a diary. The next day, when I got home.... my apartment was broken into and someone stole the diary. I cleaned up and I was on my way to work. However, on my way I guess I fainted on the sidewalk or something, because the next thing I know I'm in the hospital." She explained, cutting out the most glaring reasons.

There was a long awkward silence. "Oh." Damon finally said. "Well I'm glad you're alright." He answered finally.

"Yeah.... me too." She answered back, quietly. Aya looked down and fiddled with the hem of her shirt. "Thanks for picking me up."

"No problem."

The awkward air was back, and the rest of the trip was made in silence. Damon soon pulled up to Aya's apartment. "Well... here we are. Take it easy." He looked at Aya, "And I mean it. No more landing in the hospital or strange behavior. Something just isn't right. It hasn't been ever since the day we all hung out."

Aya bit her lip. "I was going to save this for Saturday but... I guess now is a good time. You should go find a parking space.... and then head up to my apartment. There's some stuff you should know..." She trailed off, not sure if she was doing the right thing.

"I'll drop by tonight. I actually have some other plans. I promise I'll come by."

Aya just nodded. "Alright." She nodded, and got out of the car. "Bye." She thanked him again for the ride and close the door.

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

I WANTS MORE? :) <3 I thought that was a good little snippet, I hope you write more soon. Don't worry, something will come to you, I'm entirely sure of it. :) LYLAS! God bless!

~Aly