7/18/09

Chapter Two, Part two

She placed her hands on one bolt of fabric. "Don't touch anything!" the tailor immediately yelled. Frightened, Aya pulled her hands away and put them behind her back. She could hear the tailor grumble.

"Alright, Aya. Why don't we go out for lunch?" Kayin said, linking her arms with her friends'.

Aya smiled, "Sure. I hear that new restaurant down by the aquarium has some good stuff. Why don't we go there?" She suggested.

"Why not?" Kayin agreed.

A short cab ride later, and the girls were settling down into their seats. "Would either of you ladies like something to drink?" Their waiter asked.

"Just water for me." Kayin said, not even looking at the menu.

"Uh, some lemonade for me, please." Aya said, avoiding eye contact.

"Alright, I'll be back shortly to take your orders." The waiter answered, and left to go get their drinks.

"So, Kayin, how did you end up with that tailor?" Aya asked, looking through the menu. "He kinda gives me the creeps." She added an over dramatic shudder to prove her point.

"Funny story, really. I was looking at some of the more commercial stores, but nothing seemed to fit my tastes. I figured I might as well try some lesser taken routes and look at tailors. When I went to go see him, he pulled out that magnificent dress. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it." She explained.

"Didn't it strike you as odd that he had a dress lying around? Especially one that was your size? Or at least, close to your size."

"At first, I didn't think anything of it. I was just so happy. But, a few days later, I was wondering. I never asked him in case maybe the dress was well... you know, his wife's or whatever. I didn't want to ask in case it would bring up painful memories."

"Oh well, I would have never thought of that." Aya sighed. She bit her lip in concentration.

"Here you go ladies, what can I get for you this afternoon?" Their waiter asked, setting down their drinks.

"I will have the pasta salad." Kayin said, closing her menu.

"I'll try the garden burger." Aya followed.

Their waiter took their menus and went to go tend to other diners.

"You know, for your reception, I was thinking..." Aya trailed off, pulling out some sheets of paper and a pencil. "For the tables, I was thinking about having the basic blue to cover the table and then a little bit of silver overlaying." Aya explain, sketching out what she meant. "And then, you know, I was thinking at first to do flowers as a center piece, but then it dawned on me... candles. I just think that would look much better. As for everything else, I'm not really sure. I mean, napkins and plates and everything is pretty self-explanatory..." Aya trailed off. "Oh, wait. The chairs. Drape them with a dark blue cloth, and tie it with silver. I'm pretty sure that takes care of everything."

Kayin just sat there in silence. "I'm not sure what to say. I'm amazed that you got all of that in a day. I mean, it's perfect, don't get me wrong. I love all the ideas. All of them. I'm extremely grateful. Now, I'm pretty sure we have the budget to accomplish that. I'll talk it over with Tavor..."

"Here you ladies go. Enjoy your lunch." Their waiter appeared, and set down their meals.

They both nodded a thanks and set in to eat their meal. Their time was dotted with conversations and awkward silences. Aya took the liberty of using them as times to think. The clues still stumped her. By the time the bill came, she was no closer to solving it.

"Alright, so, I have a question. What kind of person would you think of from 'the one who sows happy dreams'? Random, I know. But I was just thinking about it..." Aya trailed off. She held the door open for Kayin.

Kayin looked at her confused. "Huh. That's an odd thing to be thinking about. Well, you know-" She was cut off by an incoming call. "I'm sorry, I have to take this. I'll talk to you later. Bye." She gave her friend a quick hug, answered her phone and walked off into the crowd.

"So much for that...." Aya frowned. She checked the time. "I still have plenty of time..." She shrugged and began walking towards one of the many tall buildings. This particular one held the office in which she worked.

Of course, it wasn't without incident. Halfway there, a shadowy figure came barreling at her, almost as if it was directed to. Aya turned to yell at him, but the figure was gone. She held a scowl on her face and continued forward.

Moments later, she was settled in her chair and got ready to work. However, her mind kept drifting to the person that bumped into her. He just disappeared. Aya took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "Just forget about it. There are bigger things to worry about." She muttered to herself.

Aya worked in pure solitude for hours, with the time ticking by. However, it was broken when a co-worker stopped by. "Hey, Aya. What do you think about going out and hanging with some of us tonight?" She asked, not sure if she should.

"Eh, sure." Aya agreed absentmindedly. "Hey, who would think of when you hear 'the one that sows happy dreams'?"

" 'Sows' as in 's-o-w' or 's-e-w'?" The co-worker asked, obviously confused.

Aya bit her lip. This never occurred to her. "Uh, 's-o-w'." She answered, hoping it was right.

"Well, a farmer, or someone who works with plants. However, if it was 's-e-w' I'd be thinking more along the lines of someone who sews, a tailor or fashion designer."

A light bulb went off in Aya's head. "Oh. Well, thank you."

"No problem. Meet us over at the usual place and time." Her co-worker replied, and returned to her place.
--- A/N: Haha, took me long enough to get this up, right??? Anyway, this chapter may/may not have a part three. I am slightly stumped on what to do from here. But, we will see. :D

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

GAHHH, I wanna read more. But good thing you just put up another part. XD This story gets more epic with each part... Very mysterious, all those things and the quote. 8)